6.23.2011

Canadia

        Eep! Now that was a frighteningly long stretch of time to go without a single blog post. I do, however, have a legitimate excuse. I was stuck in the Canadian Rockies, mostly in Banff National Park. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was pretty and all, but I think I had enough after about one day. Nine days was a bit excessive, seeing as all there is are mountains and water and a few animals. We hiked around 4 gigantic lakes and each one pretty much was the same. This has reinforced my notion that I absolutely cannot go to a college that is not close to an urban center. I had enough of nature to last me a lifetime. I really do feel like an ungrateful spoiled priss, especially knowing that this was likely to be my last family vacation and my parents spent a lot of money and effort on it. It really didn't help that I'm going to China in about a week to teach American culture to Chinese students or whatever and I still need to finish my lesson plans and I really need to work on my college essays. This vacation felt kind of like a waste of time, and each day I fall into more despair with the whole crazy mother situation. I'll post more about that later. I'm just kind of pooped even though I haven't been doing much of anything at all. I'm not excited for anything. 
-T.
 P.S. - a likely painting prospect

No comments:

Post a Comment